Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Oh What Fun it is.....to create....LINK UP!


Oh What Fun it is to….Create Link Up. Make sure to visit Meredith today as she hosts the link up for Creating!!!! Also, make sure you check out these other wonderful ladies....Erin, Molly, Nina and AP

I love this time of year, I just wish that I could find more time to do fun crafty things. I have always loved crafts and always tried to make time to do them. Now I have Logan whose at the age where he wants to help and we are both so anal about things we have a hard time working together..hahaha imagine that a 3 year old and his mom not working well together on an art project. I take full responsibility for his anal tendencies.

Anyways, I did a few fun art projects this year, but only took a few pictures…I just never seem to have the camera when I need it.

I started off by trying to make a colorful, non traditional wreath for our front door. I went off to Michaels and picked up some colorful polka dot ribbon (obsessed with polka dots this year..) and a letter for our last name and some bright paint. I then headed to Target and found these super cute color coordinating ornaments and VOILA! here is what I came up with.







A friend of mine was making ornaments this year and told me about this super cute idea and soooooo easy. You use the glass ball ornaments, glitter and floor wax (MUST BE Pledge floor cleaner with FINISH wax)! YES! That is all and they are so super cute! First you remove the silver top piece, and pour a bit of wax in the ornament. Slowly move it around so it covers the rest of the inside and then poor the extra back into the bottle. After that make sure there are no bubbles (I let mine sit upside down on top of the bottle for a few minutes) and then proceed to pouring a healthy amount of glitter inside. Shake like crazy until fully coated inside and then pour out extra glitter.  Put the silver piece back inside and let rest until dry.
Here is the finished product. I used these to fill a glass container I had sitting around for a decorating piece in my bathroom (more of that to come on Friday for the decorating link up!!!!







Happy Holidays and Happy Creating!

1 comment:

the tichenor family said...

HOW amazing are those glitter ball ornaments?! I had no idea how to make them-- Thanks for linking up... Merry Christmas!

Post a Comment