Friday, April 13, 2012

Boy Mom Alert!


I would be lying if I said I don’t dream about and have dreamt about dressing up a little girl and doing girly things with them like baking (my favorite thing to do!) and crafting! But I love my boys and love all the fun things they (let) me do with them!

We suffered a miscarriage a few months after we were married and when the genetic testing was done (we were young and wanted to make sure nothing was wrong with us—even though miscarriages are very normal) we found out the baby was a little boy. We then got pregnant a few months later and found out around Labor Day of 2008 that he was a boy…..and HEALTHY…so excited. We didn’t disagree as much on names with him as we thought but after a few back and forth talks we agreed on Logan…he looks just like his daddy and his personality is the spittin’ image of him as well! Love him and his quirkiness and the crazy funny things he says…

After about a year of my husband being laid off (when Logan was 6 months old) we waited patiently for him to get a job so we could give Logan a brother or a sister. After finally landing a job (ANYTHING IS PERFECT when you aren’t working for a year) we got pregnant right away and at Christmas time 2010 we found out it was another little boy…I won’t lie I was at the ultrasound alone and cried my eyes out the whole way to my husband’s office to tell him the news. I realized how stupid that was because we already had a super healthy little boy and another healthy one on the way..how awful to be sad about this…but I wasn’t sad..I think I just like the idea of thinking IT MAY BE A GIRL…then in a matter of seconds on the ultrasound it was over..ha…so I happily went over and told the hubby he was going to get TWO sons now!

My boys are the world to me and I love watching them grow so much. Ian is such a little peanut and soo happy all the time. Logan keeps me on my toes with his super funny comments and personality, and she sure is a sweetheart who loves to cuddle.

                                    I am so lucky and blessed and guess I am a boy mom! 

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Found you on Kelly's Korner! I have an Ian too, who I ALSO thought would be a girl. I love my precious Ian too. He's a busy, independent boy. Adorable family!

Tonya said...

Your boys are precious! I understand the tears when finding out it was a boy. :) I wouldn't trade my boys for girls, but it would be nice to have a little pink in the house!

Post a Comment