Sunday, January 15, 2012

It's just a game....Right?



I’m from the Midwest and our family is a die hard Packer Family…we love the green and gold. That super cold NFC championship game in 2007 when the Packer’s lost to the Giant’s 23-20; yes, I was there. The same day that I woke up in my hotel room in Green Bay to the Weather Channel standing at Lambeau field stating it was the 2nd coldest game in history, yes I was there..What a let down…and the feeling after the game walking back to our car was not a good feeling, but it was just a game and crazily women seem to understand that more so than anybody.

This past weekend when the Packers once again met the Giants at Lambeau and shocked the world by losing my husband sunk into what can only be noted as a “Man Depression.” Brought on by a crappy draft pick in his fantasy football league, an injury to one of his “key” players or, yes, his favorite football losing one game shy of the (back-to-back) Super Bowl appearance. While this little depression only last mere moments, it was comical. I mean come on, your son was crying for 15 minutes because he didn’t want to go to bed, clearly a better reason to cry than a lost football game. Am I right? I think I may have even heard him mention he was going to need to take the day off on Monday, no doubt to mourn his loss….(PUKE!)

In all seriousness now, do any of your husbands act like losing a game is the end of the world? Of course I was upset too,  but there was laundry to be folded and dishes to be done, and kids to be put back in bed. Sorry but these things weren’t going to stop just because Greg Jennings couldn’t haul in that pass and Aaron Rodgers had butter fingers and lost the ball. Yes, in this house we keep moving on after a GAME is done…..well MOST of us! J Because after all, it is just a game, right?

While I am deeply saddened that our glorious season came to a screeching halt on Sunday, I’m a little excited that we may be able to get a few things done around the house now..things that were important, but you know, not as important as football, football pre-game shows, post game shows, or mock drafts. J

But just because he’s cute (even though he prefers ESPN now to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse)…..here’s my little Packer Backer…..

No comments:

Post a Comment