Thursday, September 6, 2012

Hair Problems? Anyone?

I have MAJOR HAIR ISSUES LATELY...

First off, shampoo and conditioner "whoas" have been happening over here. I cannot get my hair to feel even remotely soft these days. I have VERY VERY thick, straight hair. I have to straighten it every day and I hate it becuase it never feels like it does when I leave the salon. So frustrating! But, I have been trying some new shampoos and conditioners lately and I swear to you this has been an uphill battle. I even went and chopped my hair off (not ALLLLLLLL but a good chunk) just because I was sick of feeling it. See, this is serious people! Anyways...I don't like spending alot on these things because 1) I'm a cheapskate and 2) I spend enough on my hair appts and my hubby would kill me. So I started cheap, which, yes is probably the first mistake, but you live and learn...
Garnier Fructis, which by the way Dr. Oz said once on his show was the best CHEAP shampoo you can use on your hair....well, he was wrong, for me anyways....it never made my hair soft and it was impossible to get a comb through it when I got out of the shower.
Herbal Essences, if I'm being honest here I tried this strictly because I love the scent and it always lasts forever on my hair. No, not a winner..same issues I had with Garnier, except this one smelled better.
I then went on a work related trip to Boston, with every intention of just using the hotel shampoo to get me through this 3 day trip, but the humidity did a number on my hair almost instantly when I landed so I scoped out the mall and found an Aveda store, which BTW I love Aveda, though I don't like the price tag. I broke down and bought the Smooth Infusion shampoo and conditioner and the sweet salesman loaded me up on samples of the leave in Damage Remedy (WHICH I LOVE and highly recommend!). I went back and used it that night and ahhhhh sweet softness, and it only cost me $46.00 ahhhhhhhhhhh!!! This would be fine for a normal person, with normal hair whose shampoo would last for awhile, but have I mentioned I have a TON of thick hair and I use more than normal people when I wash my hair. This shampoo seriously would last me for maybe a month IF THAT.
Then last night I was in the shower and saw all the packets of sample shampoos I have gotten in the mail recently and I decided to try the Pantene Aqua Light shampoo and conditioner...ohhh lord this stuff is amazing...I can't seriously say enough good things about this. I am actually heading to Target (with my coupons in tow) to purchase these. My hair has never felt softer, and the most amazing this is my hair doesnt look flat at the end of the day like it used to. I am not kidding people..this is like liquid gold (the other one..hehe) I am so looking forward to adding this to my regime and I'm sure my husband will like the price tag much better!!

No comments:

Post a Comment